- to design and implement language learning strategies capable of meeting the needs of the various Degree Courses within every Department;
- to design and administer tests of language ability;
- to carry out research and experimentation in the field of language teaching;
- to act as a centre for documentation in the field of language teaching;
- to conduct teaching and research activities outside the university via specific conventions;
- to design and implement self-learning modules for both students of the University of Perugia, irrespective of the Department, and outside users;
- to produce original teaching material for language learning.
The languages currently taught at the CLA are: Chinese, French, English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Italian to foreigners. Extra-curricular courses for students not enrolled in the University are offered for a fee.
External Services and Continuing Education and Training
- foreign language courses for private enterprises, public agencies, professionals, adult learners;
- training and refresher courses for primary and secondary school teachers;
- consulting for the planning and administration of language-learning courses.